Main Article Content
The mechanical operating clutch (threaded wire) on the motorcycle has been complained of having many disadvantages, including operational failure due to broken wire and heavy operating force. Therefore, this article reports the design of the hydraulic operating clutch mechanism on the Yamaha RX-King to replace mechanical systems. Modification is done by adding a master cylinder, fluid hose, release cylinder, and push rod. The calculation results show that the hydraulic operating clutch has the potential to reduce the operational force by up to 6x of mechanical clutch.
-  Suyitno, Sistem Pemindah Tenaga Otomotif, untuk praktisi dan akademisi. Yogyakarta: Danadyaksa, 2014.
-  Paridawati, “Analisis Kopling Sepeda Motor Dengan Menggunakan Sistem Hidrolik,” Jurnal Imiah Teknik Mesin, Universitas Islam 45, Bekasi, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 77–85, 2013.
-  Suyitno, Power Train, Sistem pemindah Daya Otomotif. Yogyakarta: Magnum, 2018.
-  P. Giani, M. Tanelli, S. M. Savaresi, and D. Selmanaj, “Electro-mechanical clutch-by-wire control for sport motorcycles,” in 2014 European Control Conference (ECC), 2014, pp. 1011–1016.
-  V. Gore, R. Gujar, P. Kale, A. Tamboli, and P. Bute, “Design & Installation of Hydraulically operated clutch,” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1507–1510, 2017.
-  Sularso and K. Suga, Dasar Perencanaan dan Pemilihan Elemen Mesin. Jakarta: PT. Pradnya Paramita, 1997.
-  Khurmi and J. K. Gupta, A Text Book of Machine Design. New Delhi: Eurasia Publishing House, 1982.
-  P. A. Tipler, Fisika Untuk Sains dan Teknik Jilid 1. Jakarta: Erlangga, 1994.
-  S. Josephe and L. Mitchell, Perencanaan Teknik Mesin. Jakarta: Erlangga, 1991.
-  Suyitno, Pengukuran Teknik Otomotif. Yogyakarta: K-Media, 2015.
-  A. Olszak, K. Osowski, A. Kęsy, and Z. Kęsy, “Experimental researches of hydraulic clutches with smart fluids,” International Review of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 364–372, 2016.
-  A. Rana, “Automatic Gear Shifting Mechanism in Two Wheelers,” International Journal of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 8–12, 2017.
-  R. Gupta, S. Gupta, B. Gupta, D. Kochar, C. Rajpurohit, and I. Garg, “Improved Mechanism for Converting Gear Transmission of Motorcycle from Manual to Automatic,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 9, no. 48, pp. 1–6, 2016.