Main Article Content
One of the reasons for the slow conversion program from gasoline to LPG/Vigas is the uncertainty of profit or loss. Therefore, this article presents a simple calculator to assess the feasibility of investing in vehicle conversion, from gasoline to LPG/Vigas. Input parameters include estimated annual mileage, fuel consumption, gasoline prices, LPG / Vigas prices, the cost of the converter kit and its installation, engine standardization costs, maintenance costs with gasoline, and maintenance costs with LPG considered to produce output parameters that include Break Even Point (BEP), Payback period (PP), Net Present Value (NPV), and Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
-  B. A. Prasetyo, D. A. Rizani, M. Setiyo, N. Widodo, Saifudin, and B. C. Purnomo, “Estimasi Pemborosan Bahan Bakar Akibat Kemacetan Menggunakan Analisis Citra Google Map (Studi Kasus pada Simpang Armada Town Square Mall Magelang),” Automotive Experiences, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 36–42, 2018.
-  G. Sugiyanto, S. Malkhamah, A. Munawar, and H. Sutomo, “Estimation of Congestion Cost of Private Passenger Car Users in,” Civil Engineering Dimension, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 92–97, 2010.
-  I. C. Setiawan, “Policy Simulation of Electricity-Based Vehicle Utilization in Indonesia (Electrified Vehicle - HEV, PHEV, BEV and FCEV),” Automotive Experiences, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2019.
-  R. M. Susanto and M. Setiyo, “Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV): Status Teknologi dan Peluang Pengembangannya,” Automotive Experiences, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2018.
-  B. C. Purnomo and N. Widodo, “Torque and Power Characteristics of Single Piston LPG-Fueled Engines on Variations of Ignition Timing,” Automotive Experiences, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 22–27, 2019.
-  E. Liu, S. Y. Yue, and J. Lee, “A Study On LPG As A Fuel For Vehicles,” Research and Library Services Division Legislative Council Secretariat, no. March, 1997.
-  RAA, “LPG Calculator.” [Online]. Available: https://www.raa.com.au/motoring-and-road-safety/car-advice/lpg-calculator. [Accessed: 17-May-2018].
-  MyLPG, “Autogas savings calculator.” [Online]. Available: https://www.mylpg.eu/autogas-calculator#graph. [Accessed: 17-May-2018].
-  Fleet News, “Fuel Cost Calculator.” [Online]. Available: https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/costs/fuel-cost-calculator/?FuelType=3. [Accessed: 17-May-2018].
-  V. Leung, “Slow diffusion of LPG vehicles in China-Lessons from Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong,” Energy Policy, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 3720–3731, 2011.
-  L. Raslavičius, A. Keršys, S. Mockus, N. Keršiene, and M. Starevičius, “Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as a medium-term option in the transition to sustainable fuels and transport,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 32, pp. 513–525, 2014.
-  C. Abdini and H. Rahmat, “Switching to gas is an alternative policy options in solving the problem of subsidized fuel,” Rubric Policy, Ministry of State Secretariat of the Republic of Indonesia, 2013. [Online]. Available: http://www.setneg.go.id/. [Accessed: 14-Feb-2016].
-  Propane Education and Research Council, Converting Vehicles to Propane Autogas Part 1 : Installing Fuel Tanks and Fuel Lines. Washington, D.C, 2011.
-  Propane Education and Research Council, Converting Vehicles to Propane Autogas Part 2: Installing Underhood Components. Washington, D.C, 2011.
-  M. Setiyo, E. M. Widodo, M. I. Rosyidi, T. A. Purnomo, B. S. Rahardja, and S. Suryantoro, “Economic Values and CO2 Simulation on the Application of LPG for Public Fleets in Magelang, Indonesia: Executive Data to Support the Clean City Program,” Periodica Polytechnica Transportation Engineering, pp. 1–14, 2019.
-  D. Kalra and M. V. Kumar, “Effects of LPG on the performance and emission characteristics of SI engine - An Overview,” International Journal of Engineering Development and Research, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 2997–3003, 2014.
-  M. Setiyo, S. Soeparman, N. Hamidi, and S. Wahyudi, “Techno-economic analysis of liquid petroleum gas fueled vehicles as public transportation in Indonesia,” International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 495–500, 2016.
-  K. Troncoso and A. Soares da Silva, “LPG fuel subsidies in Latin America and the use of solid fuels to cook,” Energy Policy, vol. 107, no. April, pp. 188–196, 2017.
-  WLPGA, “Autogas Incentive Policies,” Neuilly-sur-Seine, 2018.
-  P. Bielaczyc, A. Szczotka, and J. Woodburn, “A comparison of exhaust emissions from vehicles fuelled with petrol, LPG and CNG,” in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2016, vol. 148, no. 1.
-  J. W. Lee, H. S. Do, S. I. Kweon, K. K. Park, and J. H. Hong, “Effect Of Various LPG Supply Systems On Exhaust Particle Emission In Spark-Ignited Combustion Engine,” International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 11, no. 6, p. 793−800, 2010.