Main Article Content
This article discusses engine performance using diesel oil and biodiesel obtained from the reaction of vegetable oils with alcohol through the process of alcoholysis. Tests carried out on variations of diesel oil 100% (B0), 10% biodiesel (B10), 20% biodiesel (B20) and 30% biodiesel (B30). Engine performance testing is carried out at 1500 rpm to 4000 rpm at intervals of 500 rpm. The highest torque is obtained at 2000 rpm using B0, B10 and B20 of 310.3 Nm, 306 Nm and 308.1 Nm, respectively. The highest power is obtained at 3000 rpm using B0, B10 and B20 of 114.7 hp, 115.1 hp and 114.9 hp, respectively. The average fuel consumption with B0, B10 and B20 is 1.42 ml/s, 1.54 m/s, and 1.74 ml/s, respectively. B30 fuel cannot be tested on a vehicle due to detonation so that combustion does not occur completely and B30 fuel properties are incompatible with the vehicle being tested.
- B. Dudley, “BP Statistical Review of World Energy Statistical Review of World,” bp.com, 2019.
- D. Singh, D. Sharma, S. L. Soni, S. Sharma, and D. Kumari, “Chemical compositions, properties, and standards for different generation biodiesels : A review,” Fuel, vol. 253, no. March, pp. 60–71, 2019.
- D. Darnoko and M. Cheryan, “Kinetics of Palm Oil Transesterification in a Batch Reactor,” Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society, vol. 77, no. 12, pp. 1263–1267, 2000.
- M. C. H. Sanli, “Biodiesel production from various feedstocks and their effects on the fuel properties,” Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 431–441, 2008.
- Warni fatimah, “Pemanfaatan Minyak Jelantah Dan Ampas Segar Kelapa Sawit Pada Pembuatan Biodiesel Melalui Proses Transesterifikasi In Situ,” Politeknik Negeri Sriwijaya, Palembang, 2014.
- E. Alptekin, M. Canakci, A. Necati, A. Turkcan, and H. Sanli, “Using waste animal fat based biodiesels – bioethanol – diesel fuel blends in a DI diesel engine,” Fuel, vol. 157, pp. 245–254, 2015.
- M. A. Sahbana and N. Fuhaid, “Pengaruh Variasi Temperatur Pemanasan Awal Biodiesel Terhadap Konsumsi Bahan Bakar dan Daya pada Motor Diesel 4 Tak 4 Silinder,” PROTON, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 6–11, 2012.
- K. Lukács and Á. Bereczky, “Comparison of properties of a compression ignition engine operating on diesel – biodiesel blend with methanol additive,” Fuel, vol. 170, pp. 245–253, 2016.
- M. Mohon, W. Wang, and M. Alawi, “Performance and emissions of a diesel engine fueled by biodiesel – diesel , biodiesel – diesel-additive and kerosene – biodiesel blends,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 84, pp. 164–173, 2014.
- E. Uludamar, E. Tosun, and K. Aydın, “Experimental and regression analysis of noise and vibration of a compression ignition engine fuelled with various biodiesels,” Fuel, vol. 177, pp. 326–333, 2016.
- B. Heidary, B. Ghobadian, and A. Taghizadeh, “Vibration analysis of a small diesel engine using diesel-biodiesel fuel blends,” Agric Eng Int: CIGR Journal, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 117–126, 2013.
- A. M. Ashraful et al., “Production and comparison of fuel properties , engine performance , and emission characteristics of biodiesel from various non-edible vegetable oils: A review,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 80, pp. 202–228, 2014.
- W. M. Adaileh and K. S. Alqdah, “Performance of Diesel Engine Fuelled by a Biodiesel Extracted From A Waste Cocking Oil,” Energy Procedia, vol. 18, no. 2012, pp. 1317–1334, 2012.
- W. M. Adaileh and K. S. Alqdah, “Performance of diesel engine fuelled by a biodiesel extracted from a waste cocking oil,” Energy Procedia, vol. 18, pp. 1317–1334, 2012.