Main Article Content
On a single-cylinder diesel engine, injection pressure can be adjusted by changing the thickness of the injector shim. In this study, the injection pressure of 180 bar (standard), 190 bar (+1mm shim), and 210 bar (+2mm shim) was examined on a typical single-cylinder diesel engine with pure diesel fuel. The tests carried out at a constant engine speed of 1500 rpm with load variations of 650, 1300, 1950, and 3600 Watts to investigate the effect of injection pressure on output power, brake thermal efficiency (BTE), specific fuel consumption (SFC) and opacity. The results showed that increasing injection pressure could increase the output power by 19.3% and 17.4% by adding 1 mm and 2 mm shims, respectively. SFC decreased 1.97% and 12.3% compared to standard conditions and opacity with 2 mm shim was lower than 1 mm shim. In conclusion, increasing the injection pressure from 180 to 210 bar by adding 2 mm shim can improve the performance of a single cylinder diesel engine, which includes output power, brake thermal efficiency (BTE), specific fuel consumption (SFC) and opacity.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- D. Ayu, R. Aulyana, E. W. Astuti, K. Kusmiyati, and N. Hidayati, “Catalytic Transesterification of Used Cooking Oil to Biodiesel: Effect of Oil-Methanol Molar Ratio and Reaction Time,” Automotive Experiences, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 73–77, 2019.
- N. Padilah, Subaer, and Muris, “Analisis Penggunaan Bahan Bakar High Speed Diesel (HSD) Dan Marine Fuel Oil (MFO) Terhadap Parameter Titik Utama Siklus Kerja Dan Performa Mesin Diesel Mitsubishi Man Type 18V52/55A,” Jurnal Sains dan Pendidikan Fisika (JSPF), vol. 15, no. April, pp. 72–79, 2019.
- A. R. Andsaler, A. Khalid, N. S. A. Abdullah, A. Sapit, and N. Jaat, “The effect of nozzle diameter, injection pressure and ambient temperature on spray characteristics in diesel engine,” in Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2017, vol. 822, no. 1.
- M. Y. Lee, G. S. Lee, C. J. Kim, J. H. Seo, and K. H. Kim, “Macroscopic and microscopic spray characteristics of diesel and gasoline in a constant volume chamber,” Energies, vol. 11, no. 8, 2018.
- N. Kumar and Sidharth, “Performance and Emission Characteristics of Ternary Fuel Blends in Diesel Engines,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 1240, no. 1, 2019.
- Y. I and D. H, “A Performance Review of Ethanol-Diesel Blended Fuel Samples in Compression-Ignition Engine,” Journal of Chemical Engineering & Process Technology, vol. 6, no. 5, 2015.
- R. Rahim, R. Mamat, M. Y. Taib, and A. A. Abdullah, “Influence of Fuel Temperature on a Diesel Engine Performance Operating with Biodiesel Blended,” Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Sciences, vol. 2, no. June, pp. 226–236, 2012.
- K. Kumar and M. P. Sharma, “Performance and emission characteristics of a diesel engine fuelled with biodiesel blends,” International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 658–662, 2016.
- T. C. Zannis, R. G. Papagiannakis, E. G. Pariotis, and M. I. Kourampas, “Experimental study of di diesel engine operational and environmental behavior using blends of city diesel with glycol ethers and RME,” Energies, vol. 12, no. 8, 2019.
- H. K. Patel and S. Kumar, “A Critical Study on Performance of Diesel Engine using mixture of Diesel and Bio-Diesel as a Working Fuel and Influence of Aluminum Oxide Nanoparticle Additive-A Review,” Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol. 8, no. 3, p. 295, 2017.
- G. Gonca and E. Dobrucali, “The effects of engine design and operating parameters on the performance of a diesel engine fueled with diesel-biodiesel blends,” Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, vol. 8, no. 2, 2016.
- V. G. Kamaltdinov, V. A. Markov, I. O. Lysov, A. A. Zherdev, and V. V. Furman, “Experimental studies of fuel injection in a diesel engine with an inclined injector,” Energies, vol. 12, no. 14, 2019.
- S. K. Yoon, J. C. Ge, and N. J. Choi, “Influence of fuel injection pressure on the emissions characteristics and engine performance in a CRDI diesel engine fueled with palm biodiesel blends,” Energies, vol. 12, no. 20, 2019.
- Sudik, Abdurahman, and W. Aryadi, “Perbandingan Performa Dan Konsumsi Bahan Bakar Motor Diesel Satu Silinder Dengan Variasi Tekanan Injeksi Bahan Bakar Dan Variasi Campuran Bahan Bakar Solar, Minyak Kelapa Dan Minyak Kemiri,” Automotive Science and education Journal, vol. 2, no. 2, p. 34, 2013.
- A. Ashari, A. Wahab, and E. Marlina, “Pengaruh Variasi Tekanan Injektor Dan Putaran Terhadap Performa Dan Gas Buang Pada Motor Diesel,” Jurnal Teknik Mesin UNISMA, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2016.
- A. N. Akhmadi and M. T. Qurohman, “Analisis Pengaruh Ketebalan Shim Terhadap Perubahan Tekanan Pengabutan Nozzle Tipe Satu Lubang Pada Isuzu Panther C223 Turbo,” Sintek, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 69–78, 2017.
- Y. Alam, P. Paryono, and M. Mustaman, “Pengaruh Variasi Tekanan Penyemprotan Dengan Penambahan Putaran Ulir Nosel Terhadap Konsumsi Bahan Bakar, Daya Mesin Dan Kepekatan Gas Buang Pada Isuzu Panther Hi Grade,” Jurnal Teknik Mesin Universitas Negeri Malang, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 77–87, 2015.
- A. Arif, N. Hidayat, and M. Y. Setiawan, “Pengaruh Pengaturan Waktu Injeksi Dan Durasi Injeksi Terhadap Brake Mean Effective Pressure Dan Thermal Efficiency Pada Mesin Diesel Dual Fuel,” INVOTEK: Jurnal Inovasi Vokasional dan Teknologi, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 67–74, 2017.
- R. Gscheidle, Fachkunde Fahrzeugtechnik. Germany: Verlag Europa Lehrmittel Nourney,Vollmer Gmbh&Co, 1992.
- A. Nur and W. budi santoso, “Analisa Laju Pelepasan Panas Terhadap Perubahan Tekanan Injeksi,” Prosiding Seminar Nasional Teknoin 2008 Bidang Teknik Mesin, pp. 19–24, 2018.
- H. Ambarita, “Performance and emission characteristics of a small diesel engine run in dual-fuel (diesel-biogas) mode,” Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, vol. 10, no. February 2017, pp. 179–191, 2017.