Main Article Content
Era of globalization is making energy as a source of primary needs. The condition of meeting Indonesia's energy needs is still dominated by fossil energy and the use of renewable energy up to now has not been able to go according to plan. Government policies and programs on energy conservation aim to use energy efficiently. These efforts can be done through energy saving equipment and energy saving behavior. This study aims to determine the effect of energy literacy on energy saving behavior. This research was conducted at Peninggilan 02 Public Elementary School in October. The total population of the study was 121 students and the study sample used was 121 students. The method used is quantitative survey. Retrieval of data in this study using a questionnaire. The results of this study obtained an R square value of 0.243 or KD = 0.243 X100% = 24.3%. This can be interpreted that Energy Literacy has an effect of 24.3% on Energy Saving Behavior. While 75.7% is influenced by other variables that influence the energy saving behavior.
- Akitsu, Y., & Ishihara, K. N. (2018). An Integrated Model Approach: Exploring the Energy Literacy and Values of Lower Secondary Students in Japan. International Journal of Educational Methodology, 4(3), 161–186. https://doi.org/10.12973/ijem.4.3.161
- Arikunto, S. (2006). Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Tindakan Praktik. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- Azmi Al Bahij; Nadiroh; Henita Rahmayani; Sihadi. (2019). Strategi Literasi Energi dalam Membentuk Perilaku Hemat Energi Pada Anak Usia Sekolah Dasar. TUNAS, 8(1), 7–13. http://journal.umpalangkaraya.ac.id/index.php/tunas
- BPPT. (2014). Indonesia Energi Outlook 2014. Pusat Teknologi Sumber Daya Energi.
- Bulunga, A. A. L., & Thondhlana, G. (2018). Action for increasing energy-saving behaviour in student residences at Rhodes University, South Africa. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 19(4), 773–789. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSHE-07-2017-0107
- Cotton, D. R. E., Miller, W., Winter, J., Bailey, I., & Sterling, S. (2015). Developing students’ energy literacy in higher education. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 16(4), 456–473. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSHE-12-2013-0166
- Hsiao, C. Y., & Shih, P. Y. (2015). The impact of using picture books with preschool students in Taiwan on the teaching of environmental concepts. International Education Studies, 8(3), 14–23. https://doi.org/10.5539/ies.v8n3p14
- Ibtissem, M. H. (2010). Application of Value Beliefs Norms Theory to the Energy Conservation Behaviour. Journal of Sustainable Development, 3(2), 129–139. https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v3n2p129
- Khotimah, K. (2017). Wujud Bela Negara Melalui Pendidikan Budaya Hemat Energi. Jurnal Pertahanan & Bela Negara, 7(3), 69–84. https://doi.org/10.33172/jpbh.v7i3.230
- Mansor, R., & Sheau-Tingi, L. (2019). The psychological determinants of energy saving behavior. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 620(1). https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/620/1/012006
- Prati, G., Albanesi, C., & Pietrantoni, L. (2017). The interplay among environmental attitudes, pro-environmental behavior, social identity, and pro-environmental institutional climate. A longitudinal study. Environmental Education Research, 23(2), 176–191. https://doi.org/10.1080/13504622.2015.1118752
- Yüzüak, A. V., & Erten, S. (2018). An evaluation of science teacher canditates’ energy saving behavior intention based on the theory of planned behaviour. International Electronic Journal of Environmental Education, 8(2), 123–149.
- Zhang, C. Y., Yu, B., Wang, J. W., & Wei, Y. M. (2018). Impact factors of household energy-saving behavior: An empirical study of Shandong Province in China. Journal of Cleaner Production, 185, 285–298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.02.303