Main Article Content
The purpose of this research is to develop bigbook folklore media to improve the empathy and storytelling ability of early childhood, especially age 5-6 years. This research is research and development (R&D) using ADDIE development model (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implementation, and Evaluate). Collecting data used interview guides, validation, observation sheets and teacher questionnaires. Data analysis techniques in this study used Independent t-test with a significance level of 0.05. Based on the results of the assessment experts showed that the product developed "very good". This shows that the bigbook media is appropriate to be used to increase empathy and storytelling skills of children aged 5-6 years. Based on the results of the study, there was a difference improvement of storytelling and empathy skills in the final outcomes between post treatment of the control group without bigbook media and post treatment of experimental group using bigbook media. The sig (2-tailed) value of the storytelling is 0,000 (very good) and empathy children received a sig (2-tailed) value of 0,000 (very good). The result of this study that the bigbook media based on folklore is effectively used to increase empathy and storytelling skills of children aged 5-6 years.
- Adegbija, M.V & Fakomogbin, M. . (2012). Instructional media in teaching and learning: a nigerian perspective. Global Media Journal African Edition, 6(2), 216–230. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.5789/6-2-114
- Beaty, zanice. J. (2013). Observasi Perkembangan Anak Usia Dini. Jakarta: Prenada Media Group.
- Cress, S. W & Holm, D. T. (2009). Developing empathy through children’s literature. Education, 593–597.
- Hilda Jackman, Nancy Beaver, S. W. (2012). Early education curriculum a child’s connection to the world. China: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
- Kustandi, Cecep & Sutjipto, B. (2013). Media pembelajaran manual dan digital. Bogor: Ghalia Indonesia.
- Machado, J. M. (2013). Early childhood experiences in language arts: Early literacy (United Sta). Cengage.
- Madyawati, L. (2016). Strategi pengembangan bahasa dan anak (Prenadamedia Group, ed.). Jakarta.
- Moeslichatoen. (2004). Metode pengajaran di taman kanak-kanak. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- Sallquist, J., Eisenberg, N., Spinrad, T. L., Eggum, N. D., & Gaertner, B. M. (2009). Assessment of preschoolers’ positive empathy: Concurrent and longitudinal relations with positive emotion, social competence, and sympathy. Journal of Positive Psychology, 4(3), 223–233. https://doi.org/10.1080/17439760902819444