Main Article Content
Figs and olive oil are plants containing flavonoids compounds. Flavonoids have antioxidant and cytotoxic activities. This study aims to find out the antioxidant and cytotoxic activities of fig extract, olive oil and combination of fig and olive oil as well. Study using a combination of tin and olive oil with a combination of extracts of 1: 0.1: 3, 1: 1, 3: 1, 0: 1. Cytotoxic and antioxidant activities were tested using MTT assay and DPPH method. Cytotoxic test results were analyzed using probit and antioxidant tests using linear regression. Test results from a single olive on T-47D cells have very strong cytotoxic and antioxidant activities (560,769 and 33.27 µg / ml). In MCF-7 cells the ratio of figs and olives 1: 1 has very strong antioxidant and cytotoxic activity (576,459 and 76.79 µg / ml), in 4T1 cells the ratio of fruitbtin and olive combination of 3: 1 has no cytotoxic activity but has antioxidant activity very strong (1733,517 and 21.81 µg / ml). The combination of fig extract and olive oil had cytotoxic activity on T-47D and MCF-7 cells, but did not have cytotoxic activity on 4T1 cells. This combination had very strong antioxidant activity in T-47D and 4T1 cells, strong in MCF-7 cells.
- Alipanah, Hiva, Bigdeli, Reza, M., & Ali, M. (2018). Active Effect of Viola odorata Extract on Tumor Growth and Metastasis in 4 T1 Breast Cancer Models. Faculty of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Shahid Beheshti University, GC, Tehran, Iran. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 17(1), 276–291.
- Amessis-Ouchemoukh, N., Ouchemoukh, S., Meziant, N., Idiri, Y., Hernanz, D., Stinco, C. M., Luis, J. (2017). Bioactive metabolites involved in the antioxidant, anticancer and anticalpain activities of Ficus carica L., Ceratonia siliqua L. and Quercus ilex L. extracts. Industrial Crops and Products, 95, 6–17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2016.10.007
- Farooqi, A. A., Fayyaz, S., Silva, A. S., Sureda, A., Navabi, S. F., Mocan, A., … Bishayee, A. (2017). Oleuropein and Cancer Chemoprevention: The Link is Hot. Molecules, 22. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6154543/
- Ghanbari, R., Anwar, F., Alkharfy, K. M., Gilani, A. H., & Saari, N. (2012). Valuable nutrients and functional bioactives in different parts of olive (Olea europaea L.)-A review. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 13(3), 1291–1340. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms13033291
- Huang, G., Tang, B., Tang, K., Dong, X., Deng, J., Liao, L., … He, S. (2014). Isoquercitrin inhibits the progression of liver cancer in vivo and in vitro via the MAPK signalling pathway. Oncology Reports, 31(5), 2377–2384. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.3892/or.2014.3099
- Jadid, N., Hidayati, D., Hartanti, S. R., Arraniry, B. A., Rachman, R. Y., & Wikanta, W. (2017). Antioxidant activities of different solvent extracts of Piper retrofractum Vahl. using DPPH assay. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1854(June). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4985410
- Jasmine, R., Manikandan, K., & Karthikeyan. (2015). Evaluating the antioxidant and anticancer property of Ficus carica fruits. African Journal of Biotechnology, 14(7), 634–641. https://doi.org/10.5897/ajb2014.13742
- John, B., Reddy, V. R. K., & Sulaiman, C. T. (2013). Total phenolics and flavonoids in selected Justicia species. Journal of Pharmacognosy …, 2(4), 51–52.
- Joseph, B., & Justin Raj, S. (2011). Pharmacognostic and phytochemical properties of Ficus carica linn - An overview. International Journal of PharmTech Research, 3(1), 8–12.
- Lisi, A. K. F., Runtuwene, M. R. J., & Wewengkang, D. S. (2017). Phytochemical Test and Antioxidant Activity of Soyogic Flower Methanol Extract (DC Saurauia bracteosa). Pharmacon - the Scientific Pharmacy Journal, 6(1), 53–61.
- Masyhur, M., Handono, K., Enggar Fitri, L., & Rasjad Indra, M. (2011). Quercetin as an Activator of NF- κβ Activation and Decrease in MCP-1 Levels in HUVECs Culture Exposed to Leptin. Brawijaya Medical Journal, 26(4), 216–220. https://doi.org/10.21776/ub.jkb.2011.026.04.7
- Ministry of Religion of the Republic of Indonesia. (2016). Al-Qur’an. CV. Toha Putra.
- Mitilineos, S. A., Vasileiadis, S. G., Symeonidis, S., Potirakis, S. M., Stathopoulos, N. A., & Savvaidis, S. P. (2014). A new wearable antenna designed using genetic algorithmgs and partially made of textile materials. Applied Researches in Technics, Technologies and Education, 2(3), 239–245. https://doi.org/10.15547/artte.2015.01.011
- Morsy, F. S., & Abdel-Aziz, M. E. (2014). Efficiency of olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf extract as antioxidant and anticancer agents. 20(1), 46–53. Retrieved from http://
- Pratama, R. H., Ikhtiarsyah, Y. G., Anindyajati, Fitriasari, A., Ikawati, M., & Meiyanto, E. (2011). Extract Increases the Effectiveness of Doxorubicin on T-47D Breast Cancer Cells. Cancer Chemoprevention Research Center, UGM. Indonesian Pharmaceutical Science Journal, 9(1), 67–71.
- Prayong, P., Barusrux, S., & Weerapreeyakul, N. (2008). Cytotoxic activity screening of some indigenous Thai plants. Fitoterapia, 79(7–8), 598–601. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fitote.2008.06.007
- Rahayu, T. P. U. M. S. S. (2014). Test Antioxidants , Ingredients Total Extract Phenolates and Flavonoids Ethanol from Leaves Ubi Purple (Ipomoea batatas L.) which is dried Using Freeze Drying.
- Sánchez-Quesada, C., López-Biedma, A., & Gaforio, J. J. (2015). Oleanolic acid, a compound present in grapes and olives, protects against genotoxicity in human mammary epithelial cells. Molecules, 20(8), 13670–13688. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules200813670
- Society, A. C. (2014). Cancer Facts & Figures 2014. American Cancer Society, pp. 3–4. Retrieved from https://www.cancer.org/research/cancer-facts-statistics/all-cancer-facts-figures/cancer-facts-figures-2014.html
- Zhou, X., Seto, S. W., Chang, D., Kiat, H., Razmovski-Naumovski, V., Chan, K., & Bensoussan, A. (2016). Synergistic effects of Chinese herbal medicine: A comprehensive review of methodology and current research. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 7(JUL), 1–16. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2016.00201